Mica has been recognized as a unique inorganic filler because of its exceptional properties which are not found in any other fillers. The addition of mica in plastic polymers significantly improves its material properties, increases its life long durability and enhances its functional, morphological and surface characteristics.
Some of the properties and characteristics of Mica are:
- Its has an outstanding mechanical, thermal, electrical and chemical properties rarely found in any other products. The addition of Mica in Plastics normally increases its tensile and flexural strengths. Mica enhances the dielectric, heat resisting and insulating properties of Plastics.
- It improves the principle of anti-permeability with the former. The main applications being automotive plastic fuel tanks (It is safer than metal fuel tanks), aerated beverage bottles (light and safe), pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics and similar products packaging bottles and other packaging materials with air tightness requirements.
- It is transparent, flexible and elastic and can be ground to very fine particles with a high aspect ratio which are specially suited for reinforcing fillers.
- It is chemically inert and can easily resist actions of heat, light, water, oil, solvents, alkalis and various chemicals.
- It is strongly absorbent to ultra violet radiations, prevents penetrations of distractive sun rays, moisture, heat and atmospheric gases etc. and thereby helps to increase the service life and decorative value of the end products.
- It serves to reinforce, stiffen, harden and strengthen the product and prevent the microscopic ruptures, reduce warping, increase service temperature, lower thermal and expansion and conductivity, improve electrical and vibration damping properties and adherence to substrate. It does not change colour at elevated temperatures or in the presence of resins and other minerals additives.
Our Mica is known for its dimensional stability, low water absorption, increased stiffness and improved heat distortion temperature of plastic composites used in automotive applications. It improves the physical properties of
- Polypropylene ( PP )
- Polyethylene ( PE ) ,
- PBT, PET, PPO and Nylon composites.